Ruger Mark II disassembly

tonyz

Is there a web site that shows you step by step, the complete Disassembly and reassembly of the ruger mark II?
Or if not could someone recommend a book or vidio that would.

Thanks
Tony

SDC

Hi, Tony. The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly covers this pistol, but it's fairly simple to explain. Starting with the pistol empty and the hammer in the fired position, take the magazine out. Then, use a fingernail or paper-clip to pull the top of the little "prong" in the middle of the backstrap back and down. Once that's pulled all the way down, you can pull the bottom of that piece straight back out of the backstrap, then pull the whole assembly down out of the pistol (this pulls a round pin down out of the back of the tubular receiver). This also frees the bolt to come straight back out of the receiver. Once that's out, you can use a rubber or leather mallet to tap the tubular receiver forward off of the locking step that holds it to the grip-frame. Re-assembly is in the reverse order, but you have to hold the pistol pointing up towards the ceiling to get the end of the hammer strut back into the mainspring housing, otherwise it either won't go together or won't cock. (The mainspring housing is the first piece you take out at the beginning). I hope this helps.
Stacey C.

tonyz

Thanks Guys But I know how to field strip the Mark II . I want to know how to remove the trigger assembly the hammer assembly, and sear assembly. I guess I didn't make myself clear on that point. Baretta has a nice web page for the 92 Series that shows you how to remove all part and reassemble step by step.

Tony Z

tony.s

What do you need the mallet for? Grab grip in one hand, receiver in the other, pull. Works for me.

johnwill

Tony.s,

While some MK-II's are lose in the barrel/grip fit, many, including both of mine, are NOT going to come apart by just pulling them, unless I invite King Kong over. :)