Ruger m77 MkII Value

sdbirddog

Hey, guys I was thinking about selling my ruger m77 MkII in .308. It has a Boyds thumbhole stock and was just wondering what a fair price to put on it would be.

Orion6

Blued or stainless? Condition?

If in excellent condition I'd say $400-$500 depending on scope.

I had a walnut stocked MK II in .308 I wish I had never gotten rid of. Trigger was great and it was accurate. I was younger and much dumber.

sdbirddog

Blued, still have the walnut stock with it. It is in fair condition has a couple scratches but in all looks great still.

Orion6

Sometimes it's hard to judge. If selling somewhere like gunowners.com, I'd price it at the maximum you'd want to get for it, then be willing to take offers. Set a price in your mind.

You might be able to put the old stock back on, sell it for say $400 or so, then sell the Boyd's stock separately.

They're very good rifles, it just depends on the market in your area. I've sold stuff in 5 minutes I thought I'd priced too high, and couldn't sell something I felt like I was giving away.

Look on Gunbroker and see what they are going for (ones with bids) and that might help you out.

Kachok

Last year I bought a MkII 7mm Rem Mag in excellent condition (one very tiny scratch) for $450 with a respectable 4-12x Bushnell Banner scope. Not a bad deal but the rifle is nowhere near as accurate as my Savages, Browning and Tikka, so unless you are dead set on the Ruger I would be hunting other options, if you like the Mauser style action my Winchester 70 Featherweight is a 1/2 MOA shooter and has a better trigger then the Ruger by FAR.

jmr40

Put the factory stock back on it. Check to see what the same gun is selling for new locally. Ask about 75%-80% of that. You might even start a little higher, you can always come down.

Sell the Boyds stock separately, or offer to throw it in to sweeten the deal if someone is on the fence. Used, those stocks aren't worth much and most wouldn't want it at any price. I think you're more likely to find someone who wants it by selling it by its self. About 50% of new would be a fair price.