Ruger LCR First Impressions

2edgesword

So I finally got to the range with my new Ruger LCR .38 special. I hadn't shot a light weight revolver in years, what a wake-up call. Oh baby! After 20 rounds I was wondering if I'd get through the box of fifty.

But somewhere around round 30 things start getting a little more comfortable and I finished out the 50 rounds. Accuracy was spot on from 12 yards and so-so at 25 yards. Black sights on a black target didn't give me enough contrast to get the sight perfectly lined up. I may take some suggestions I've heard about adding something bright on the forward sight to help get things lined up.

When I handed over to the over to have the firearm added to my license his comment was "very light". That's true so you better be holding when you pull the trigger. Getting use to almost have to fully release the trigger to get things reset for the next show will take some practice to get use to. Overall I'm happen with the gun.

madmag

2edgesword,

thanks for the report, my snubs are all steel so recoil is not a big issue.

Did you shoot +P or was that just target ammo?

WANT A LCR 22LR

As for the sights, some have used nail polish / model paint. I'm using plain old white out. Clean the surface with iso alcohol. paint it on then let it dry, seems to hold up pretty well.

Long trigger reset, yep, part of the deal, you'll get used to it.

strong45side

Lucky that front sight is pinned! Wish they would have done something more with the front sight from the factory, but at least its pinned so theres nice aftermarket choices out there. Painting a front sight works, but id rather throw an aftermarket sight on. Thanks for the report!

Madcap_Magician

I have the one with the factory Hogue boot grip and XS standard dot sight.

Great sights, great gun, but I doubt I'll be putting any 100 rounds through it per range session... kicks like a MULE.