Ruger LCR 38spl

iblong

I was just informed by one of my suppliers,that Im getting a LCR this week from them for amount of material purchased and there sending it to my LGS.
I used to carry snubs in the past but mostly carry simis these days.Trying to decide if I should keep it and shoot it or trade it unfired,Ive never even held one.I liked my 638 and my ul85 sold them off to family,because I seldom carried them.Any of you guys that own or shoot one how do you like them?
Both of my previous snubbies had action work and shot well.This one if I keep it will remain stock.I still have dies ect.so I can load for it.
Thanks,Bob.

Budda

I have a Dan Wesson model 14 I have not shot yet I would trade for your .38 I want one real bad!!!

Strait up trade....pm me!!!

100_2763.jpg

Mosin44az

Mine just locked itself up simply by dry firing. Not even any of my Tauruses have ever done that. Off to Ruger soon. But I wonder about the design now.

fdreano

My .38 LCR did exactly the same thing during a dry fire session...and yes, off to Ruger to be fixed....they replaced the whole trigger ass'y.

I think during rapid dry firing if you 'short stroke' the LCR action and the trigger doesn't get to a full reset you've set the stage for a malfunction and then something breaks. Strictly my theory. I still trust and carry the LCR but I'm more cautious about handling it.

Almost funny, my LCR has been back to the factory, my $1,200 Kimber .45 has been back to the factory and my cheap-@ss Taurus 851 just keeps on truckin'.

Stressfire

I think during rapid dry firing if you 'short stroke' the LCR action and the trigger doesn't get to a full reset you've set the stage for a malfunction and then something breaks.

My GP does the same thing, though nothing has broken.

You should like the LCR - it's definitely on my to buy list....that just seems to keep getting longer:confused:

drail

Yup, Rugers will not tolerate any short stroking at all. "simis"? That must be a Minnesota thing.

Mosin44az

The difference is, when short-stroked, my SPs wouldn't jam with the trigger to the rear like the LCR did. I recall reading that the trigger design on the LCR was different. So far it's definitely not an improvement.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Just about ANYTHING is an improvement over an sp101 trigger.:rolleyes: Mine's been smoothed out, lighted up and fired a couple of thousand times and it's still crap. In other words, it's a typical sp trigger. The LCR trigger is an absolute dream; just don't short stroke it.