ruger lcr 22lr report, comparisons

jstert

thanks to these forums i have honed my pistol purchases and want to report out in return. yesterday i fired 250 rounds of various makes (winchester, federal, cci stinger, centurion(mexican)) in my new lcr 22lr. im a very happy camper, the lcr is a hoot to shoot. it has a very smooth trigger, a bit of flash but no recoil and is a great plinker, learning tool and daresay cc pistol (i dont want to start a talk about the worth of a 22lr for cc here; i subscribe to the "a hit with a 22 is better than a miss with any caliber or a poke with a sharp stick" school of thought). at 5 meters my shots were center mass but spread out over 6 inch radius (but i was point and shooting, left and right handed, not aiming with great care). no stuck fired cases, easy ejection, no hiccups.

i also have a sw 317 22lr, which i like alot too, but i was lucky to find a good one used at a low price and, if confronted with a new purchase of either the lcr or 317, would choose the lcr at $200 cheaper.

i also fired a beretta 21 in 22lr for comparison: some ftf, stovepipes, oddly long trigger pull and at end safety froze. in sum, an unreliable disappointment and why im happily on a revolver forum.

between 22lr i shot my taurus 85 in 38spl, which showed how the ruger lcr is a great training tool, as has been noted alot.

below the range at the gun store i saw a ruger lcr 22magnum. uh oh, i was going to hold off any more gun purchases for awhile, but... has anyone shot one lately? have back to back ruger lcr range time in 22mag and 22lr?