Ruger LCP

joh56usa

The local shop have a waiting list for them, and I couldn't believe it.

Are you guys able to find them around?

CDH

Hasn't been a problem at all since Christmas. Lots of them at (especially) the chain stores like Gander Mountain and Academy.

12GaugeShuggoth

They still seem to be pretty hard to get around here. Of the local shops I pay visits to, I think only one gets them with any kind of regularity. The few that I've seen are spoken for well in advance. I bought mine at a gunshow a little while back, only one of the dealers had them and I felt the price was good enough.

FWIW, check your local trading post, I seem to always find one in there.

Milspec

Ruger's been busy fixing about 90,000 guns so it's understandable that they're running a backlog. I've been seeing the new serial number series showing up at Columbus area shops as well as the 370 series that were repaired and returned to the dealers...so guns are back in the pipeline... :)

Milspec

tirod

The recall isn't taking people out of assembly and putting them in recall, AFAIK. Ruger hasn't had 90,000 LCP's returned, either. They are pacing the returns to the limited workforce and available parts.

There have been issues with mag releases, magazine floor plates, and darn it, holidays off, too. Imagine, American workers wanting the holidays off. Nonetheless, mine was refitted and returned in 12 days - over the holidays.

Extreme demand has been the problem since the introduction one year ago. It's created an industry record, and as soon as the market is saturated, LCP's will be gathering dust on store shelves. Until then, Ruger will keep making twice as many as anybody thought was gonna happen.

The "recall" hasn't seemed to hurt sales one bit.

ChewToy

They were scarce here in Fairbanks as well until one store got a shipment in yesterday. They didn't jack up the prices either, $285, no tax. :D:D:D

I'm seriously thinking about picking up another one for my wife, but will give here a chance to shoot mine first, to see how she likes it.