Ruger LCP owners:

furyfour

Does your lcp "chatter" when you shake it?

my slide seems a little loose on the frame so it cam move left and right if you shake the gun or move it fast, even more so if no magazine is inserted. doesn't seem to affect anything, but it's just annoying...

Sturmgewehre

The rattle comes from the very front part of the slide where it is unsupported by the slide rails. Since the dust cover extends to the end of the slide and fits very closely, the little bit of play allows it to tap the dust cover if you shake it just right and with enough vigor.

All of them will do it, if one doesn't it's too tight and I wouldn't trust the reliability. You don't want an auto with a super tight fit between the slide and frame - at least not in a carry gun.

The rear end of the gun where the slide rides over the frame rails is much more snug and doesn't rattle when shaken (at least on mine this is the case).

If it's reliable and shoots to point of aim, I wouldn't worry about it. Every auto in my collection has some rattle if shaken properly and that's ranging from Ed Browns to Glocks.

furyfour

thanks Sturmgewehre

I never really noticed on any of my other pistols.

Odd though that some have no noise/play at all

Sturmgewehre

I've had countless conversations with other gun owners about slide rattle and about half the time you will have guys claim none of their guns make any noise at all when rattled. When they bring their gun out, I rattle it for them and they go "oh, well I've never really shaken it like that". The only gun I can recall shaking that didn't make any noise, that wasn't packed with shipping grease and was a daily shooter, was a Les Baer 1911 (and it made a little noise, not much).

...and I've shaken a lot of them.

I just shot this video for you guys:

roman3

Well let me go give my LCP "shaken gun syndrome"

I am sure if I shook the @#%^& out of it it would rattle too.

I hope after you torture you guns like that they tell you the information :D

Why don't you try waterboarding them instead...

RoyP

Just checked mine.it will make that rattle but not near as bad as your's.I put a little side pressure on the trigger while shaking it.It doesn't rattle.

I was checking out your videos.LOL,I bet you could shake any gun like that and have it rattle.