Ruger LCP for $300 or Kel-Tec P3AT for $280?

Ruger LCP for $300 or Kel-Tec P3AT for $280

• $300 Ruger LCP

Votes: 97 77.0%
  • $280 Kel-Tec P3AT

Votes: 29 23.0%

• Total voters

Delaware_Dan

My shop finally has LCPs in stock and I got a chance to hold one, and I am impressed. I am looking at this for pocket carry when I am at home and work. I have never really considered a gun for pocket carry, but I really like the little Ruger. Is the internal quality about the same? The fit and finish is MUCH better on the LCP. Thanks for the advice in advance.

zombieslayer

I carried a p3at for over a year and shot it quite a bit. They're GOOD pocket guns. I loved mine. But I always wanted the Ruger LCP. But for the last year they were WAAAY overpriced. I bought an LCP a few weeks ago, and I LOVE IT. It's just a little nicer all around than the KT, Imo. And I've been super impressed with the way it shoots. I like it better than the KT. I still like the KT and would own another one, but for $20, I'd DEFINITELY take the LCP. Its a much tighter feeling gun, and for me, fits my grip just a bit better. Im gonna buy another KT p32 soon, too. They're even slimmer and lighter, and great little guns. For my 24/7 carry gun, the LCP is ALWAYS there.

markboss

I have two P3at's...never a problem with either...
Always in my pocket...
Ruger problems all over the boards..

orionengnr

After having owned two P3ATs (troubles with both) and two LCPs (zero troubles with either), it's no contest. LCP all the way.

Stevie-Ray

I own a KT P32, but I'd pay the bit extra for the Ruger. That's a great price, BTW, as my buddy just got one a few weeks ago for $315 and that was a great price. He's pretty durned accurate with it too.;)

wnycollector

The price difference between the LCP and the P3AT are ~$70 in favor of the KelTec in my area. I have shot both and own a Keltec Sub2000 that I LOVE! For me I would buy the KelTec.

rantingredneck

I got my LCP when they first came out. Bought the first one WildAlaska sold on the forum here. 279.00 shipped plus my 20.00 FFL transfer fee on my end.

299.00 OTD. :D

Near 1000 rounds later I'm still :D. Best 299.00 I've spent related to firearms.

rgates

After a lot of research (and I mean a lot) and leaning one way and then the other, I just ordered an LCP. It finally really came down to it fit my hand a little better. Easier to get my finger on the trigger. Doesn't feel quite as awkward. Your results may differ.
The fit & finish is obviously better on the LCP. Ruger has very good customer service, BUT Kel-Tec has a lifetime warranty with amazing (I hear) customer service.

Ordered mine at my favorite local shop for $290.00. P3AT was $235.00.

Last edited:

zombieslayer

Here in central FL, so many people are getting carry permits, pocket guns seem to be more expensive than some other areas.. idk I paid as much for my p3at as my LCP (roughly)

woad_yurt

Is the .05 inches really that noticeable?

That's the slide. The LCP has a much fatter grip than does the Kel-Tec, which is a big part of the gun and is much thinner than the LCP's. I had 'em both in my pocket and the Kel-Tec is definitely the less noticeable and more comfortable one to carry.

Last edited:

Nickanto

BTW, I'd go with the Ruger. Fit and finish is better. Little bit better trigger. I wouldn't hesitate to get either guns though, both companies stand behind their product. I have to send me Kel Tec in though, the takedown pin comes loose and falls out.