Ruger LC9s, I can't believe this trigger!

Z400ACDC

I bought this pistol after reading about how good the new striker fired trigger was. I was not disappointed! My trigger is just under 5 pounds and very smooth. I can shoot this little pistol as good as any I have ever fired. If you are looking for a small carry pistol, check it out!

Wishoot

That's awesome.

I wish they would of come out with this trigger in the first place. There were a lot of things I liked about the LC9 (size, weight, conceal-ability, ergonomics) and a few things I didn't (like all of the safety features). The deal-breaker was the trigger however.

deerslayer303

Awesome, thanks for the report. I was tickled when I heard Ruger was bringing out SA striker LC9. Love the little pocket autos but the triggers are the downside, with the Taurus TCP having the best trigger IMO. Now we need that same trigger in an LCP, because frankly the trigger breaks all the way at the back and with my large hands it's hard to shoot well.

Viper99

If anyone is interested, I got an email from my local FFL who has a special on the LC9 with veridian green laser, holster for $299 new.

I would go for it but I have a PPS so it makes no sense for me.

Shadi Khalil

I tried one out the other day at the shop and I was quite surprised by how much of an improvement it was over the original. It's the perfect trigger for a small carry gun; its a shame the striker not part of the original design.

Theohazard

The LC9S has a much better trigger than the one on the regular LC9, but it's still at the bottom of the pack when it comes to striker-fired triggers in my opinion. The take-up and break are good, but the reset is way too long for a trigger like this. The reset lengths on guns like the Glock 42, Shield, XDS, and PPS are shorter and it wouldn't have been difficult or expensive for Ruger to make theirs shorter too.

I've noticed that customers at LGSs almost never check for reset when they're dry-firing, so this isn't something most people will notice when handling the LC9S. And if a shorter reset for easier follow-up shots doesn't matter to you, then the LC9S trigger isn't bad at all. But if you like to have a shorter reset like most striker guns do, stay away from the LC9S.

Z400ACDC

Hazard, I did check the reset. I don't have a problem with it. I have shot a 42 and a shield and I like the LC9s trigger better. Thats why I bought it.

Theohazard

Z400ACDC said:
Hazard, I did check the reset. I don't have a problem with it. I have shot a 42 and a shield and I like the LC9s trigger better. Thats why I bought it.
No, that's fine, I was just pointing out that the reset is longer on an LC9S than on other guns in the category. And if that doesn't matter to you, then the LC9S is a fine gun. But if that does matter to you, it might not be. That's all.

baddarryl

Is the new trigger as good as on the Kahr CM and PM9's? I love mine and when I was shopping it had the best of any striker I looked at.

giaquir

A few months ago I had an LC9 with
a Galloway kit/RTK trigger of course
I traded it. Then I bought another 9mm shield
and was gonna get into the action and give
it a trigger job until I "fondled" a LC9s and the trigger
was miles better than std LC9 as well as the one with
the Galloway kit. Light years better than the Shield
and I'm not letting this one get away.Maybe

Big4Freedom

Yes, I have to agree. Ruger hit it out of the park with this revision.

I fired my first LC9s Pro this morning and really loved it. I couldn't believe it was even related to other LC models. Extremely accurate from 7, 10 and 15 yards, which is where I fired 28 at each. It has the smooth lines of other LC models and is very lightweight. I carried all day IWB to see what I thought and very comfortable. With 7+1, it's hard to beat for edc gun, when 9mm is acceptable.

Btw, the "pro" is brand new. Think I was able to get one of the first batch in country released. It has no safety and allows the one in the chamber to be fired even if mag is out. That is only difference from Pro and LC9s models.

I left the range a believer! I've never really been a big Ruger guy and never liked the lcp I bought when they came out but this one is going to fly off the shelves...

AustinTX

I'd like to shoot one. Have no need for owning one, but that trigger sure felt nice in the LGS. Night and day from the original LC9.

jetinteriorguy

I've been a pretty die hard revolver guy for many years, haven't had a semi auto since selling my very nice S&W 39 back around 1980. But I've wanted a nice little 9mm for CCW but just couldn't find one with a trigger I could stand, I've been spoiled by my nice light crisp S&W revolver triggers. Then I picked up the Lc9s and bought it on the spot. Then came the best surprise, it is dead nuts accurate and just a pleasure to shoot. And as a reloader, cheap to shoot and brass is super cheap and abundant. Right now it's costing me around 10 cents a round and I shoot it almost as much as any other gun I have. Sub 2" groups @ 7 yds are easy, and I'm not that great of a shot since my eyes aren't 20 years old anymore.

ninjarealist

Own this gun and love it. I can shoot it more accurately than any of my full-size pistols at.

Have to say though, the trigger is, for me, just too light for carry without a safety. And the frame-mounted thumb safety on the gun is so ergonomic that training yourself to flick it off as part of your draw is really easy. You do not have to change your grip to actuate the safety.