Ruger LC Carbine (5.7X28)

ballardw

I just saw this pop up, looks like it takes their 5.7 pistol magazine. I don't have anything in 5.7, but this is kind of a tempting setup.

https://ruger.com/products/lcCarbine/specSheets/19300.html
Since the last bullet point of the description includes:
Also includes: one Ruger-5.7™ steel pistol magazine, ambidextrous magazine button, M-LOK® QD sling socket and hex wrenches for disassembly.

I would say they stated right out that it uses the Pistol mag.

Sharkbite

Oh BOY!!!…

I might be getting into the 5.7 game. I already have a 22mag can that will do 5.7. I never liked the ergo’s of the P90. Just felt too cramped and odd.

This rifle with a 1911 style safety and traditional mag release might be just the ticket. Im going to look into availability at work tomorrow.

oughtsix

I went down the 22 tcm route instead of the 5.7 x 28mm route. Too bad Ruger didn't go down the 22 tcm route on that carbine. Probably licensing fees with Armscor keeping them from 22 tcm as well as lack of SAMMI certification. It would be a great carbine in a 22tcm / 9mm combo and interchangeable barrels! ...I would have my preorder in already if they did!

jetinteriorguy

I went down the 22 tcm route instead of the 5.7 x 28mm route. Too bad Ruger didn't go down the 22 tcm route on that carbine. Probably licensing fees with Armscor keeping them from 22 tcm as well as lack of SAMMI certification. It would be a great carbine in a 22tcm / 9mm combo and interchangeable barrels! ...I would have my preorder in already if they did!
I too am a .22TCM fan and this little carbine would definitely find a home with me if offered in this caliber.