Ruger Have your say

onemsumba

I just notice on the Ruger website you can send a message to the CEO.

What a perfect way to tell them what you like / don't like about Rugers!

I was quick to point on the stupid loaded chamber indicator they put on the Mk III pistol.

What a great way to tell them to make an consistently accurate rifle that has a good trigger.

If they get enough of the same comment maybe they'll do something!

Darren007

Yeah I filled that out and sent them a comment concerning their new Hawkeye rifles.

"1955 called and wanted its red recoil pad back and get rid of that matte black finish on the barrel." If they did that, I might actually buy a Ruger Hawkeye rifle (actually I would buy several). :p

My second suggestion was to stop putting aluminum trigger guards and ejector housings on their Blackhawks and use steel like they do on their New Vaqueros and "50th anniversary" Blackhawks. I realize it would raise the cost a little, but I would be willing to pay a little more in order to be rid of that painted aluminum.

Sevens

Cool! In a recent thread (titled 6x6) I have a short rant about how Ruger is phasing out the "S" in their classic insignia as they are no longer the Sturm, Ruger and Company, and it's just Ruger now.

I say they should change their name to represent their company, but leave a historic emblem/insignia as it is, a testament to their past and a testament to a grand American firearms builder. There's no good reason to take the little "S" out of the emblem.

Sevens

Oh yeah, I've got another:

Ruger, join the gang in 2008 and chamber something (or a few somethings) in the great 10mm auto caliber.

steve4102

Kinda like sending a letter to your Congressman. Staff and underlings siphon through the mass of emails and MR CEO doesnt see or read a single one. Looks good on the old web site though!!!. Hey look, I can really communicate with the big dog, NOT. Wake up, he hasn't got the time or the desire to listen to what you or I have to say. He has "People" for that and they are just paid to throw **** in the trash.

blume357

the p-95 are on the way out too..

decockers are already gone, which is probably one of the finest and most reliable 9mm handguns ever made at a decent price.

One sure thing about industry and manufacturing... a really good company will continue to improve a product until they get it near perfect and then they will decide to quit making it and come out with something new and improved that ain't half as good... is the nature of corporations that a new generation of executives has to prove they are worth something.

Sevens

Kinda like sending a letter to your Congressman. Staff and underlings siphon through the mass of emails and MR CEO doesnt see or read a single one. Looks good on the old web site though!!!. Hey look, I can really communicate with the big dog, NOT. Wake up, he hasn't got the time or the desire to listen to what you or I have to say. He has "People" for that and they are just paid to throw **** in the trash.
While I mostly agree that this is likely the case, and I have no actual idea in the case of Ruger, I can cite two examples right off hand where it simply isn't true.

One, from our industry-- Larry Potterfield and Midway USA. Yeah, the guy who you see in the commercials on the Outdoor Network reads and answers his e-mail, and I know because I've chatted with him before.

Another one, not in our industry, but a ridiculously wealthy fatcat kind of guy is the owner of the NHL's Washington Capitals. This guy is also the CEO of AOL, and that's gotta be one of the biggest, most overblown corporate entities in the country and this guy answers e-mail and gets right down in the mix with fans and season ticket holders during games. He's a rare breed.