Ruger Gunsmith Needed - Any Recommendations?

Roadrunner

I have a friend in Orange County, California with a Ruger .22 that needs some repair and refinish work. Can anyone recommend a California gunsmith/shop or something close out west? Thanks.

JohnKSa

Administrator
There's a good chance Ruger will do it for free if he sends it to them. At worst, they'll probably charge much less than a gunsmith--and probably do a better job too.

I don't know the California laws...that may change things.

1x2

Roadrunner,
If it's a New Model, sending it to Ruger is a viable alternative- they have told me that they will restore to "factory specs" (so my stuff went to a local trusted smithy). If he wants a trigger job while he's at it, they won't do it, and if it's an old 3-screw, they'll neuter it for him, no questions asked. Old Fuff just let me in on this outfit, you might want to check it:

http://www.cylinder-slide.com[/URL]

Good luck,
1x2

Roadrunner

Thanks for the responses. I'll need to get some more info from my friend and contact Ruger for him. I think his pistol is 5-6 years old. He told me that it was stored in a "cheap" cloth pistol case that's padded with a zipper. It was stored in a closet that developed a leak, and as you can guess, right over his ruger. There is some rust, not much. But he said there's alot of mold and mildew on it and it smells "funky" too. He's finally sold on the idea of getting a safe for his firearms.