Ruger GP-100 for .45 Colt.

Larry C.

Howdy,

This message is really aimed at Sturm, Ruger. It's time to produce the GP-100 chambered for the.45 Long Colt. Could this be done? Would anyone else like to see this?

Larry C.

Sir William

It can't be done as a 6 shooter. You won't see much innovation from Ruger in the future. They have too much on their plate at present.

juliet charley

Larry C. - They already chamber the Redhawk (the next size up) in .45 Colt. Why would you a five-shot GP100 in that calibre?

rnovi - A moon-clipped revolver in 10mm would handle the .40 S&W.

Bullrock - I doubt if you'll see any N-frames from Ruger--S&W would probably object (and the Redhawk is a better platform anyway). ;)

Larry C.

GP-100 is smaller than Redhawk

Juliet Charlie,

Let me clarify: a GP-100 is a bit smaller than the Redhawk, which has a 5.5 inch barrel. I would like to see a GP-100 chambered for .45 Long Colt, .44 Magnum, or perhaps 10mm/.40 cal as earlier posters mentioned. All I'm asking is for 5 rounds of "big bore" on a smaller frame with a 4-inch barrel. This would be a slightly more concealable package. I want "big bore" available for a medium size revolver. Are you listening Ruger? :)

Larry C.

Bullrock

juliet charley I don't think Ruger can build a better shooting gun than this one, irregardless of the frame size. :D :D I also luv my GP-100 :)
attachment.php

rnovi

Bullrock - I too have a 625JM and it is one helluva shooter. I went shooting with the wife yesterday...first time she had ever shot the 625 and only the third time she had ever been to the range.

She picked up the 625JM and cut a 2" hole with 12 shots at 21 feet, single action.

It's one of the best purchases I have ever made.