Ruger ejector rod

reteach

Howdy. As I've posted before, I have a new Ruger Single Seven bird's head with a 3 3/4 inch barrel. I am 93% certain that I have read about an ejector rod for short barreled SA's that has something like a spiral action. I think it includes the housing and allows for a longer ejector. Does anyone know about this? Information appreciated.

Bob Wright

First of all, to gain ejector rod throw, you need a flattened (think nail head) base pin. The ejector rod housing you are thinking about is likely the cam cut housing. It has nothing to do with lengthening the travel, but tucks the rod head up under the barrel when not in use, and swings it out to eject.

Bob Wright

reteach

Bob - I looked that up just now. I see that Belt Mountain makes a base pin for a Sheriff's Model Vaquero. My guess is that it won't fit my Single Seven, but I'll check with them. I like the idea of the cam cut housing, too. Thanks for both pieces of info.

Bob Wright

reteach:

I think a Ruger ejector rod housing is a Ruger ejector rod housing, regardless of what model the Single Action is. Not 100% sure about that for the snub barrels now, but true in the past.

Bob Wright

reteach

mnblaw - I do see a Sheriff's Model pin on their web site, but I've tried to call and email several times and the calls don't go through and the email link won't work.

Bob Wright - I have also searched for the cam cut housing with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help so far.

Bob Wright

I bought mine from Brownell's years ago, don't know if they still have them or not. Mine was made by Story.

A Uberti housing can be adapted to Rugers, from a Uberti Cattleman.

Bob Wright