ruger blackhawk w/9mm cyl.

sewerman

anyone fired this super blackhawk model using the 9mm cylinder?

i purchased a used one several weeks ago but my last range visit was pretty much filled with managing my boys so little else was done.

thanks,
sewrman

hardluk1

It will shoot good but not as well as with ,say, 38sp or the 357 ammo. The 9mm is a 1000th smaller bullet with a big jump to the rifleing in the bore. BUT say'n all this ,,,I would love to find a good deal on either a 357/9mm or a 45lc/45acp. version.

The .357/9mm is a Blackhawk, SuperBlackhawks are only in .44Mag with the exception of the Hunter models. Just semantics, the Blackhawks are great guns and the 9mm cylinder is a lot of fun and allows cheaper ammo if you can find any. Accuracy is not going to be quite up to the .38spl/.357mag but it'll be close and a lot of people wouldn't be able to tell any difference at all.

I picked one up at the shop today and it done well. I put about 50 38spls through it and then 25 9mm reloads. The 9mm didnt shoot as well as the 38's, but was not far off. Very fun gun, should have gotten one alot sooner :D

sewerman

thanks for the replys....

so i'm thinking copper plated or fmj bullets only with the 9mm since it is .001 smaller in bore size?

i believe to shoot lead you want .001 over depending on hardness of lead and muzzle velocity.

correct?

What you need is a ?460 Ruger? cut for 45 acp moon clips. My understanding is that would allow you to shoot, 460, 454, 45lc, and 45 ACP. What a gun that would be.

I don't really know what I am talking about.

Winchester_73

What you need is a ?460 Ruger? cut for 45 acp moon clips. My understanding is that would allow you to shoot, 460, 454, 45lc, and 45 ACP. What a gun that would be.

Imagine however the cylinder jump of a 45 acp in a 460 cylinder. I have a 460 XVR and I couldn't imagine the horrible accuracy that a 45 acp would give you.