Ruger Bisley 44 mag 7 1/2"

akr

What are your thoughts about the Ruger Bisley blued 7 1/2" .44 magnum? Does anyone have one of these?

IanS

I think they're kinda hard to find these days. I've never shot one but if they had one in stock I might have gotten that instead of the Redhawk, maybe. Unlike traditional single action revolvers the Bisley grip is more of a 90 degree angle which supposedly helps tame recoil. If you've shot more common single action revolvers (Vaquero) you would know the revolver can tend to slide up in your hand under recoil, esp. under hard recoil. The Bisley grip angle mitigates that as well. I only wish Ruger would make the Bisleys in stainless and with 6" or 5.5" barrel. I believe Ruger did make a limited run of Bisleys like that but as a .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible model. Which is also nice.:cool:

CraigC

Yep, it's one of my favorites. Thought so much of it I had David Clements spiff it up a little bit.

P1010029.JPG

jondar

Ruger Bisley .44 Mag

I have one in the 5.5 inch barrel. The Bisley grip and the substantial weight tames that .44 Mag load considerably. I just used mine to get rid of some .44 Special rounds I had loaded with the heavy Keith load since I don't use that anymore. Even in that heavy Bisley this load will pound your hand a little. This gun's trigger is better than my Aldo Uberti Dakota SAA and my Second Generation Colt.