Ruger Bearcat fans?

IDAHOMIKE

Traded into one of these gems recently. Finally took it out for a spin. WOW! This is the single most accurate 22 I have ever fired. Off a bag at 30 paces, a 12 shot group I could cover with a nickel, right at point of aim. Shooting Winchester bulk pack. Crazy, never expected that.
Anyhow, how many other Bearcat lovers are in here?

win-lose

I don't own one but I want one real (REAL) bad.... I figure it would be the perfect handgun to teach my kids with (I'm establishing a need... :D ).

madcratebuilder

I recently acquired a Bearcat. I'm not overly excited about SA rim fires but this revolver is really a nice shooter. I had planned on selling it but I may re think that.
bearcat02.jpg

CajunBass

I'm a big fan of the Bearcat. It's the "gun I carry when I don't want to carry a gun" sort of. It's the handgun I carry hunting with me, "just because." It's small, light, and handy as a pocket on a pair of jeans.

With it's big brother the Single Six.

Rugers2.jpg

And dressed up in leather.

004.jpg

DrLaw

Cajun, did you add something to the grips there on the Single Six to make them shiney, or did they come that way?

I don't have a Bearcat, but I would like to, someday.

I also have a friend who was presented with a .32 H&R Mag Ruger Bearcat, courtesy of John Linebaugh in a conversion he did. Neat little gun!

The Doc is out now. :cool:

David the Gnome

I think the Bearcat makes a perfect first handgun for a youth. It can also make a handy little woods gun. I personally am more comfortable shooting the Single Six due to my large hands, but I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a Bearcat for teaching new shooters.

CraigC

Yep! Wanted one in stainless to stick in my pocket while fishing. Got one for my birthday last month but I've gotta send it back to Ruger. All the chambers are peened from firing pin strikes (dry firing) and somehow the topstrap is bowed. Weird! That's exactly why I hate to let anybody pick out my guns for me.

Glenn E. Meyer

I have a SS one and it is so pretty. My daughter liked to shoot it also.

I regard it as a fun plinker and utility gun. Take your 10/22, the Bearcat and a zillion rounds for a day in the country.

win-lose

Those stainless Bearcats sure are nice to look at.

Stop... Please stop. Last thing I need right now is to start scheming for a new gun. So let's just stop with the stainless photos.... K?

sheepman

Really like the little Bearcat, accurate but a little harder to shoot accurately. Have a pocket holster for mine that fits in the hip pocket,great woods gun. Bill :cool:

63chuck

Have one of the rare Bearcats with 22 LR cylinder and 22 Mag. Like it alot, shoots better than one woul expect, Chuck

IDAHOMIKE

Good to see all the fans here. Mine is a twin to Madcrates, even blue worn in the same spots. I was thinkin of takin a cheapy IWB holster and riggin it up for pocket carry. I CCW'ed it yesterday and its stuffed in my pants rite now. Its instantly become my favorite 22 hands down.

ChiefTJS

I'm a big Bearcat fan. I bought one for my daughter years ago and kind of adopted it for myself since she's moved on to bigger and better things (to her). I sent it off and had it customized with adjustable sights and had it rechambered to .22mag. She's a real sweetie now.

JWT

Trying to find a good used one at this time. Looked again today. If I can't find a used one that looks good I'll very likely pick up a new one in the next couple weeks. I've always wanted one of the little guns. Think it would be a great handgun to start my grandson on.

CajunBass

Cajun, did you add something to the grips there on the Single Six to make them shiney, or did they come that way?

They came that way. That's a 50th anniversary model, so I suspect they put them on for the occasion.

dondavis3

We absolutely love our Bearcats.

I have one.

My wife has one.

My oldest son has one & he's looking for one for his daughter.

They are pretty pistols, and very accurate.

And they are fun to shoot.

:)

Edward429451

Love my original Bearcat. Bought it for the kids to learn on and it was perfect for that. They've outgrown it now so I have it back snicker snicker...;)

Singlesix1954

I have a stainless one. Honed out the cylider to fit 22 mag. It is one a$$ kicking little jewel. There is a guy in texas that will install S&W adjustable sights. Mine does not need them with the way it shoots.
It hangs holstered & loaded on my bedpost all the time... unless I'm toting it with me.

DMZX

I remember reading an article by Bob Milek, some 30 years ago, about the Bearcat. He carried one often and spoke very highly of it. Ever since then, I wanted one.

I added one to my small rimfire collection 10 years ago and I have found it to be a perfect little kit .22. It has a permanent place in one of the outer pockets of my backpack, even though I am also carrying a .357 Mag.

A diminutive SA revolver with many uses:

-Kit gun
-Trainer for youngsters
-Plinker
-Back packer/survival gun
-Coat pocket CCW