Ruger and Marlin

ballardw

Just got an email from Ruger that makes one believe that the Marlin lever actions will continue under Ruger's control.

Scorch

That's whattheysaid afew monthsago. If I remember correctly, they are anticipating getting them back on the market by 2025.

Pahoo

Looking forward to this !!!

Just got an email from Ruger that makes one believe that the Marlin lever actions will continue under Ruger's control.
If any domestic company can do it, it's Ruger. Too soon to speak to the quality but time will tell. Wishing them all the luck. !!!! :)

Be Safe !!!

44 AMP

Staff
A while back just after Ruger bought Marlin from Remington, there was a statement from Ruger mgt that they were going to make the Marlins, "the way they should be made".

Most of us took that to mean the traditional quality (at a minimum). And, we fully expect it to take Ruger a few years to get into production to do that.

I think the virus and the related panic-demic effects have pushed the timetable back some. We hope for the best, but aren't holding our breath for a specific date, its still too soon for that, I think.

bbqncigars

I hope that Ruger has consulted with old time Marlin workers to get information on what parts/fitment are critical versus just cosmetic. Things like material properties and heat treatment for example. I would expect Ruger to use their expertise in modern gun manufacture to streamline the production of new Marlins.

gaseousclay

Personally, I’m optimistic. Plus it’ll give me a chance to own one. Just hope they do it right without any QC issues

Pahoo

Agree

Hopefully they'll do them without the stupid crossbolt safety.
Excellent point as that did take the "shine" off them when they first came out. I suspect that one that cat is out of the bag, it will stay. I'm they are tracking what Henry is doing and competing mostly with them. ... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Pumpkin

I hope they stay with forged receivers instead of investment cast.
There will be a lot of temptation to cut corners.

Drm50

Ruger will make Marlins with whatever hi tech processes that make sense & dollars. They aren’t going to reproduce JM Marlins, old school. I’m sure they will get the job done that Rem couldn’t. Still won’t be the gun JMs were.