Ruger american predator rifle in 260

Boogershooter

I picked one of these up today from the lgs. They said it was a special run for a certain distributor and the only way they got it was to sign up for a special program to buy so many guns from that distributor in a certain time frame. I looked at rugers website, even under distributor exclusives and didn't see this rifle listed anywhere. Anybody else seen or heard of this rifle in this caliber? I don't expect the ruger American to ever be a collectors item in my life time but if they didn't build too many of these I guess it's worth throwing in the closet for a few years. But I'm sure ruger will announce soon they are going to make 100,000 of them and I will turn the kids loose with it then.

Boogershooter

There are no marks on the gun saying anything about talo or Davidsons and I can't find any differences between it and the other predators.

GeauxTide

Don't put it in the closet. The 260 is addictive. The performance is all out of proportion to the ballistics. If you reload, RL-19 for 129s and IMR 4064 for 100s. BTW, a medium load of 4064 gives 3100fps and .6" groups from 22".

Boogershooter

Well hell I reckon it is pretty rare if ain't nobody else seen or heard of it. Headed to a gun show in bossier in the morning after running the squirrel dog for a bit. Hopefully will pick up a couple c&r's for my son and a nice Lil sumtin sumtin for the ol lady.