Ruger American Predator 6.5 Creedmoor

cmdc

I have a left-hand version coming soon, and am wondering what kind of groups you who have the rifle are getting.

kraigwy

I dont see how left handed would be any different then right handed Predators.

I bought mine after playing with the wifes 6.5 RPR, for a light weight hunting rifle for deer and antelope. I found it to be extremely accurate and if you are careful with you reloading it should easily be an 1/2 MOA rifle.

In fact I was so impressed I decided to try other predators. I ended up getting one in 204 Ruger and 223 Rem. Same results. Again its about the care used in putting together the loads.

I believe if you're rifle doesnt shoot, it is the rare exception. Just make sure you torque the action to the stock per the torque recommended in the Users Manuel that comes with the rifle, and that you can slide a dollar between the stock channel and barrel so there is no contact. (Proper torque should take care of that.)

You will not be disappointed with that rifle or the 6.5 CM round.

cmdc

Very funny. I was asking about the rifle per se, not left-hand vs right-hand.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:

cmdc

It occurred to me that my last comment may have sounded snarky and i meant it to be humorous.

At any rate I don’t reload, having neither the time nor inclination. So I’m wondering what factory loads might be recommended for paper punching and hunting.

Thanks

Mr. Hill

I was trying to be humorous too; my 5 year old is a lefty, so I gotta kid you lefties whenever I can.

Should be an accurate rifle, I hear good things about them.

K31Scout

I have one and it is 3 holes touching with my handloads, then the next shots wandered. It's a great hunting rifle but heats up fast even though the barrel is heavier than a sporter. I had to use a spark plug socket wrapped in coarse sand paper in the barrel channel to totally free float it. Most want to touch right at the forend, left side.

The action is smooth, I love the safety position, so light weight and a good trigger. The action and the V lug are nice too. You will be very happy with it for hunting.

I also have a strap on cheek riser to consistently get a good sight picture thru the scope.

jmr40

Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X ammo shoots well under 1" for me. Usually closer to 1/2" and it is priced around $30/box. My handloads shooting the same bullet 50 fps faster leaves groups that can be covered with a dime. I've only put a few rounds of it through mine, but Hornady 129 gr American Whitetail left one ragged hole in the target.

I picked up a box of Federal target loads from Walmart loaded with 130 gr Berger target bullets. They shot right at 1", maybe a tiny bit less.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

m&p45acp10+1

I have a Savage 12FV I have only fired 4 rounds of factor ammo out of it. Nosler 140 grain AccuBond were under 3/4 MOA at 100 yards using a bench rest. For hand loads I have gotten awesome results with Hornady 130 and 140 grain ELD Match using Reloader 15 for the 130 grain, and IMR8208XBR for the 140 grain bullets. The 140 seemed to best in the middle of the road for velocity. The 130 ran better on the high end. The 140 gave under quarter moa for 5 shot groups at 100 yards from a lead sled. From the bipod with a bag under the rear they give me about half moa or a bit over that.

I am a lefty, and at 41 years old have still never bought myself a lefty rifle go figure.