Ruger American "AI Style" magazine compatability??

emcon5

I just got a Ruger American "Go Wild" which is essentially an American Predator with a pimpy finish. It comes with a 3 round "AI Style" magazine.

I think the Ruger Precision Rifle and Gunsite Scout use the same magazines, but it isn't entirely clear, because I believe the Gunsite Scouts magazines are (or were) metal, and the RPR and Am Predator are plastic. A web search shows some folks claim Magpul AICS mags work, but it is not conclusive, from what I can find.

Has anyone tried any other magazines in their "AI Style" American Predator rifle?

Thanks.

kilotanker22

Yes,

I had a go wild and I used magazines from other firearms using that style mag. Magazines from my savage 110 tactical work, as well as others. They all seem to be interchangeable.

jmr40

According to Rugers website the Scout rifle and Precision rifle use the same magazines. The Predators use Accuracy International "style" magazines. I have a 308 that uses the AI style magazines. I have some of the Ruger 5 and 10 round mags as well as one of the Magpuls. They all work fine. The real Accuracy International mags should work too, but they are expensive.

I've never tried one of the Scout rifle mags. It might work, but they don't list them as an option on Rugers website.

emcon5

I actually called them, and I thought it cleared it up, but now I am not so sure.
It appears that the Precision rifle can take either the "AI Style" or one of the varieties of AR 10 magazines, Quoting: "Patented multi-magazine interface functions interchangeably with AICS and M110/SR-25/DPMS/Magpul-style magazines (works with some M14 magazines)."

What I guess I am having problems with, is "AI Style" vs AICS.

I assume that any AICS compatible magazine should work, but if that is the case, why not call it AICS instead of "AI Style".

They sell one here that says it works with both the RPR and Scout, but don't mention the other AI Style magazine rifles, I am guessing they just never updated it.
http://shopruger.com/AI-Style-Precision-Rifle-308-Win-10-Round-Magazine/productinfo/90563/

I guess what I need is this:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2319152100

taylorce1

emcon5 said:
What I guess I am having problems with, is "AI Style" vs AICS. 

I assume that any AICS compatible magazine should work, but if that is the case, why not call it AICS instead of "AI Style".

AI is short for Accuracy International.

AICS is short for Accuracy International Chassis System.

People often use them interchangeably when talking about the magazines. AI and AICS are the same thing.

Flyboy_451

AI is short for Accuracy International.

AICS is short for Accuracy International Chassis System.

People often use them interchangeably when talking about the magazines. AI and AICS are the same thing.
Don’t forget about AIAW (Arctic Warfare). These are a staggered magazine that is not interchangeable with single column magazines.

taylorce1

Flyboy 451 said:
Don’t forget about AIAW (Arctic Warfare). These are a staggered magazine that is not interchangeable with single column magazines.

Those are usually just listed as AW magazines and not as AI Or ACIS.