Ruger 97 rear sight question......

tjhands

I just got a Ruger P97DC .45ACP and have a question about the adjustable rear sight (windage only).

In the instruction book it says something to the effect of, "all P97's are equipped with an adjustable rear sight for windage. To adjust, loosen the screw (if there is a screw on your gun) and tap the rear sight with the wooden end of a screwdriver to desired direction......"

My rear sight does not have a "screw." It has a little hole. Is this an Allen wrench hole? It doesn't look like it has a hexagon shape like that at all. Looks like a......well, like a hole. I can't see a screw at the bottom of the hole, either.

Help me out! :) Thanks.

BJONES1471

TJ, it is a allen screw. I had to adjust my P90 .45 and it takes a real effort to slide that sight. I had to put a screw driver and hammer to move mine.

9x19

...unless your screw is missing.

Take a pin or needle and drag the point up the inside edge of the "hole"... feel threads?

If not, the screw is likely there.

tjhands

Nope, no threads in the hole, so it must be an allen wrench job. It's actually very accurate as-is, but I just thought I'd ask. Thanks guys, for the advice.