Ruger 77/22 Trigger

CJO

I would love to lighten the trigger of my 77/22...Brownells has an adjustable trigger made by Dayton Traister for $46...Does anyone have experience with this trigger?....Also, how difficult is it to switch triggers...Thanks for the info....

M16

I installed one on a Ruger .22 magnum that I own. I really like this trigger. It's been several years since I installed it. I remember removing a little metal on it but it wasn't very difficult to install. If I can do it anybody should be able to.

Glock_Racer

I bought the Dayton trigger and was not impressed with it. First, I had to grind the small metal pad on the trigger where the safety rested, so that I can work the safety lever. Then I tested it on the field, trigger breaked too quickly and it wasn't very smooth. I was getting better groups with the factory trigger.

I recommend you buy the Volquartsen 77/22 Target Sear, this is all you need to lighten the trigger and get a smoother, cleaner break. You can get it for $27, free shipping, at http://www.ontargetguns.com

BTW, installing the trigger on a 77/22 takes about 2 mins. just pop the pin and change...

CJO

Thanks to everyone...I will go with the Volquartsen sear from OnTarget...Hope its not too hard to install....

radom

I replaced the trigger spring on my 77/22 hornet with a lighter one. That was all I needed to get it on par with my HD-Military for trigger pull. A very crisp 2LB trigger now.