Ruger 22/45 sight Question

gunnoob

I have Ruger 22/45 with adjustable sights. There are 3 screws on the rear sight . One moves the sight side-to-side and another moves the sight up and down. The third screw is next to the screw that adjusts elevation, but I have no idea what it is supposed to adjust. Does anyone know what it is supposed to do?

thx

NINE

Don't touch it!!! It's holding the whole gun together!!

:D

It's holding the sight in place... kind of anchoring it in the groove.... at least that what I THINK it is.

Cavè Canem

I just bought one of these nifty little pistols the other day. Ill have too look at my manual when I get home or ask the armorer.

NINE

Now i'm not too sure... I turned it clockwise and my smoke detector went off... turned it back counter-clockwise and my TV shut off... turned it a little more and I woke up 9 hours later... I'm with Mal H.. don't mess with it!

:D

gunnoob

D'OH

Too late! The entire sight sits waaaayyy to the right and I cant move it. So in a fit of curiosity I removed it to see what it would do. And the screw broke.:eek: I still cant push the sight left. Oh well, time to get the gunstore to fix it.

:cool: