Ruger 22/45 price check and info

Destructo6

Hey,

A local retailer has the Ruger 22/45, with 5.5" bull barrel and adjustable sights, for $200. Is this a decent price? I actually would prefer the "Backpack" version with a 4" barrel, but that's not the one that is on sale now.

I've fired the Ruger Mk2, but never the 22/45 version. What's the general opinion on these?

CIDGRAD87

That seems a bit high for S Cal prices, I got one with Adj sights, slab barrel for about $189 on sale just before Xmas.

It is almost a Mk2, but the mag release is botton instead of heel release.

I've had it out 2x for a total of about 300 rounds, VERY accurate, and I think I got luck in the trigger department.

I like mine.

denfoote

I just bought a NIB 4" 22/45 here in Arizona for $253.10 out the door. I now have all three. The 5.5", 4" (22/45), and the MK-II. All three are tack drivers. :) Fun, economical to shoot, and all make good kit guns, although here in AZ, it is good to have something heavier with you when you go tramping through some of the places. A .22 is just going to p!ss off a mountain lion, or a bear. ;)

PLASTIC SIG

I too have the 22/45 with bull barrel (isnt that all they come with?) i added a red dot scope and love it. i paid $200 for mine when i lived in Maryland so i would say thats a decent price.

My likes are...

1)accurate as they come.

2)around $200 good price for any quality gun.

3)you can modify and customize em at a decent price.

4)ohh hell, theres too many things to mention here. Getcha one, you'll love it.

My only dislikes are...

1)ya know how that $8 brick of .22 ammo you bought at wal-mart gets shot up at the range while the rest of your guns are still in the car? well, once its dirty its pretty much useless. after about 500 rounds it jams often. i guess this is normal. 500 rounds in one session is quite a bit, especially with dirty 22 ammo (do the ammo manufacturers sweep up the leftover powder off the floor to use in 22 ammo?)

2)cleaning is a B&%ch. I love to shoot it but i hate to clean it. although once you get re-assembly down its not so bad. (still pretty bad though)

The good definatly outweighs the bad here. If not, there would be alot of rugers for sale. and like most MKII and 22/45 owners, im not giving mine up.

Tim : )

Pilot

Get one!

I have the 4", bull barrel version of the 22/45 and love it. I paid $219 for it about a year ago. It loves CCI Minimags, but so far it hates the match type ammo. It probably needs to break in as I have only a few hundred rounds through it. It has been 100% reliable with the CCI's and other high velocity stuff. I will shoot this gun more now that I have a new range to go to. Its accurate too!

My only negative is the thin grip. I have relatively large hands and the grip, while similar to a 1911's is too thin. Hogue sells a slip on, that I'm going to give a try. I hear it solves this problem.

The 22/45 shoots just like my 5.5" bull barrel, MK II, but it is smaller and lighter and fits in a buttpack easily. And dissasembly is no big deal, just follow the intructions in the manual.

Pilot

Destructo6

CIDGRAD87, where did you find it for $189? It's not a huge difference, but every little bit helps.

I kinda suspected that they only came with a bull barrel, but if I hadn't included that info, I'm sure it would have turned out that they came with many barrel weights. Just trying to cut Mr Murphy out of the deal whenever possible.

CITADELGRAD87

Turner's Sporting goods ran a sale just before Xmas. Are you in SOCAL? THey advertise in the OC Register, and are on Tustin Avenue N of the 22 Fwy.