Ruger .22/45 is bought.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Ya'll pointed out the things I needed to know about the walther P-22 and some one posted this here link...
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_49_74/products_id/13153
I had no clue I would be buying a New Ruger for the same price as a used Walther built before updates and with the older style mags...
It is bought and the form has already been run... just gotta present my receipt on thursday to pick it up. So since I have never had a polymer frame is there any thing I need to know about chemicals etc.?
I also would like the pre firing cleaning tips I need...
Thanks again...
Brent

rantingredneck

There are some cleaners (Breakfree powderblast comes to mind) that say they will damage plastics. Most polymer frames should be relatively immune to this, but plastic grip panels usually suffer for it. That all being said I'd err on the side of caution and use other cleaners.

CLP works great on it.

Strip and clean it per the manual and you'll be fine. Keep the manual handy for reassembly and follow it step by step.

Congrats on a fine purchase.

hanno

Congrats.
I just bought a Ruger 22/45 MkIII on Wednesday and took it out to the range on Thursday. Neat little pistol.
I have already ordered a MkII hammer bushing (to disable the mag safety) and the Speed Strip Kit to make for easier field stripping.
http://majesticarms.com/id10.html

I'll report on it when I install it.

chris in va

Practice field stripping it a few times. Don't get frustrated, it'll get easy once you figure out the tricks.

BTW they make this spiffy speedloader for the Rugers, saw it at a gun show. Loads the mag in about a second. I can't seem to find a link, maybe someone can get it. Yellow clear plastic, just dump a couple hundred rounds in the 'hopper', then slide the mag at the bottom. Voila.

Last edited:

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Considering this gun will be used by 3-4 people... I can't afford the ammo if a mag can be laoded in one second!:eek:
As it is i have to hoard back a few hundred rounds so they don't leave me dry!
Brent