ruger 101 price check?

b.thomas

I'm looking at a ruger 101 (.38 special model) with a 3" barrel that's on consignment at a local gun here in southern California.
Gun is in decent shape but the grips are the finger groove type and I'm not sure if they are original?
The shop is asking $300. Is that a good price on this revolver or not? also you folks outside Ca. remember ALL firearms seem to cost more here........(along with gas at four+ bucks a gallon)
thanks.:D

Mikeyboy

Going rate in PA for a new SP101 with a 2" barrel is about $475. I'm assuming it is close to $500 for the 3" barrel. Finger groves? It might be an aftermarket grip.

Anyway if you want it , get it. Decent price and rugers are built like tanks, so it will last forever.

frogger42

They are a great gun, but as far as I know they never came factory with finger groove grips. If they feel good, who cares if they are original? That seems like a good price.

BikerRN

Yes, that's a good price. I paid $350 for mine, but it's the 2 1/4" version. As far as the Stocks, Brownell's has, if I recall correctly, SP101 Stocks for sale for about $14.00. Pachmayr also makes the Compac Grip for the SP101, and it's a better stock than the factory original, IMHO.

All the new Rugers are coming with Hogue's on them as Lett, the company that made Ruger's stocks, went out of business. Take care and stay safe.

Biker

sarge83

Last December paid $299 for the .357 version OTD in LNIB condition.
They are scarce as hens teeth around here.

Mr_Bullet

I just paid $620 for a brand-new 2.25" SP101 with CT laser grips (gun approx. $410, grips about $210). I'm very happy with the gun and the grips. IMHO, laser grips on a snubbie are worth every penny. Enjoy your 101!

MADISON

Ruger SP-101 price check

Ruger SP-101 price check:
At the last gunshow, April 19th, 08, I gave $450 for a .357 in 2 1/4 inch barrel.