Ruger 10/22T

E.J.W.

I have been thinking about improving the "feel" of my 10/22T. The 10/22T is still wearing the Ruger laminated stock it came with.
I'm not sure if it's just me... I feel all crunched up when shooting the 10/22T. I'd like it to feel more like my 700 BDL, you know... a bit longer.
Question is.... Does anyone know if the aftermarket stocks like Hogue and others (except the weird way out looking skeleton types) are made with longer stock measurements ?
Thanks.
E.

Tom2

Before you drop major green on an inexpensive(not in the cheap or junk sense) rifle, I believe that stock extension buttplates are available for the Ruger factory stock, at not alot of money. Perhaps see if just adding an inch or so to the buttstock of the factory gun makes it do what you want. Then, if it does not look too bad, you might just leave it, instead of putting whitewalls on a Rambler. I cannot say off the top of my head who sells, but they are not hard to find.

E.J.W.

Tom2,
Thanks for the info. I looked on line yesterday but all I found were extensions for the standard model 10/22. The difference is a piece that fits into a groove along the top edge of the standard stock which 10/22T does not have.
I can get a Hogue rubber stock for about $80, but I didn't really want to get rid of the laminiated stock as I like it's look. I think I might check with the gunsmith at the other end of my block (7 miles away) and see if he can make an extension for it.
Thanks
E.