ruger 10/22

treeee

does anyone know which brand of high capacity mags for a 10/22 is the best? also i would like to know which i don't want. i also would like to know where i might find some that are resonable priced .
please e-mail me with any responses
thanks

Treeee. Welcome aboard!
I've had good luck with Ramline's hotlips. I've had both the polymer and metal lipped varieties and prefer the latter as they seem to be more durable to bolt wear and grit. I've tried other aftermarket brands, but none have been as reliable as the Ramline & original Ruger mags.

Kodiac

ramline hotlips are pretty good, my next door girl next door blonde has a 10/22, weve been shooting a couple times and thats what she has. They gave her no problems and we must have shot 2 thousand rounds or so...

Kodiac

I was thinking about the 10/22, there are some wild converions for it out there... I have even seen a MG42 dress up kit for it. Wouldnt that be cool... There are also custom carbon fiber barrels for it and just about anything you can imagine... Its like the 1911 of rifles. A must for every collection

Rob Pincus

Last year Chuck Hearn built two custom 10/22s for my wife and I to use in STC competition. these rifles are absolutley the nicest rifles I own. Fajen thumbhole stocks, 8-32x scopes, fluted Green Mountain Barrells, Power Custom titanium innards, stainless steel trigger and mag release. These thing shoot incredibly, reliably and are a joy. The stocks had our Team name inlaid under the barrel and the barrels were laser etched with "custom made for" and our names.
If anyone ever wants an incredible .22 rifle you have got to get intouch with this guy.
He spends most of his time competing, but he and his sons build a few guns every year. Shooting with them down at the STC, is like driving a McClaren F1 to a meeting of the Corvette Owners of Ohio.

Foxman

Gdeal they only make ten shots though.
The Butler Creek metal lips are good too I have four of them and they work fine, you need to blow the crud out of any from time to time with a tyre line or similar. Try Ebay and the web for both makes.

hksigwalther

Huh, interesting that back then nobody caught the mis-label of ,"..Ramline's hotlips." and corrected it to indicate they are Butler Creek mags.