Ruger 10/22 target

TCman

I just purchesed a butler creek barrel and stock in realtree hardwoods. I have a simmons whitetail classic 6.5-20x50, and a harris bipod. Any comments about the stock and barrel? What kind of accuracy should I expect from the .920 barrel?

ethernectar

Don't know about the Butler stuff, but if you can get a .22 to do 1.25" at 100 yards, that's good shooting for a 10/22. Sometimes you can get down under 1 MOA, depending on barrel, conditions, YOU, ammo, etc., but that can be a tall order.

TCman

I took my 10/22 to the range. I was very pleased with the results. It cycles fine. I shot 40 yards and my smallest group was 5/8 inch, and I'm not a very good shot.:D

blume357

I'm new to the 10/22

Got my first one on Tuesday... I got it to work on my rifle shooting. I like the iron sights on it.. best I could do late tuesday afternoon in the dim light was about 4" groups at 50 yards. But then I think I need new glasses. Rifle feels good and worked with different 22 ammo, which is a BIG change from the 22 simi-auto pistols I have.

I expect with the stock and barrel you got, the gun will be more accurate out to 150 yards than you. I know it would be for me.

Dodgeballz

I got a Ruger 10/22 with the bull barrel and have shot out to 200 yards with it. We were shooting <2" groups at 100 yards and about foot groups at 150 yards and it was hit and miss at 200 yards. The wind was blowing bad and had to aim about a 1 foot to the left and 3 foot high to hit the target. But it sure was fun :D