Ruger 10/22 large capacity magazines

tirod

OMG no avoid large capacity magazines at all costs. They are evil, they make you want to pull the trigger and spray the target range with a flying cloud of toxic lead death. They cause more air pollution, ground pollution, and the horrible reinforcement of anti social behavior, like high fives and big grins.

Bricks and bricks of .22 are left as empty boxes and casings littering the ground. The barrel heats up and adds to climate warming, so does the vehicle you likely came in.

Get ten, enjoy, clean up after yourself, you will have a blast. Be safe out there. :D

BTW, let the kid at the next table try some. My son really liked the replica HK MP5. I forgot to bring the 10/22.

TRguy

got that too. that thing is the charm at speed loading your mags. Can be fickle at times, but mostly works ok.

Bamashooter

i just bought a 10/22 tactical so i was gonna inquire as to the best hi-capacity mag. sounds like butler creek is a good mag. how does the pro-mag stack up? they are great in my mini.

madcratebuilder

The only after market mags that have been 100% reliable for me are the TI mags and I've owned them all. The TI's are adjustable so you can fit them to any after market stock and get 100% reliability. They may cost more initially but are worth it.

PICT0001.jpg

blume357

Some times the Butler Creek steel lips take a little breaking in..

I would personally stay away from the 'regular' plastic lipped ones.

What I can't figure is why they can't make more in the charcoal grey.

there is a way to get them from Midway... but you have to be put on a list.

KMO

I own 3 of the BC Steel Lips mags, and these 3 work just great. I did, however, have to go through a return/exchange process twice in order to get these dependable mags. Cabela's was good about it...I've heard of others having to do the same. The TI mags look pretty interesting with their adjustable feature, but the BC steel lips mags are more reasonably priced. I wonder if Midway's sale price is as good as CDNN's regular price of $19.99?

Bamashooter

thx highcaliber. i will definatly get some BC with steel lips, maybe when i get a little cash i can afford one or two of those TI mags. they look like they would be about the best you could get.

Bamashooter

i went and bought a 25rd. butler creek with steel lips. went to lowes and bought some graphite powder and put it in the mag. went shooting sat. and went through 150rds. without any type of malfunction, they are easy to load, and work well.

turboman

There is also little plastic "cube" that holds (4) Ruger 10rd mags. Two vertical and two horizontal. Work great since they use the OEM magazines.

Pahoo

mapsjanhere
This may not fit your needs but for my 10/22's and 77's, I have taken two flat bottom mags for the 77's, roughed up the bottoms and superglued them butt to butt or base to base. You wold still be able to take them apart for internal cleaning. This will give you 20 but you will have to remove, flip and reinsert. Currently I have one dedicated range set that I use for both rifles. Still gives me a low profile, on my Charger.

Be Safe !!!