Ruger 10/22 gunsmithing......

jrmoney

My question is this. I replaced my 10/22 hammer with a Volquartsen target hammer kit, including strut spring and trigger plunger spring. Will replacing the sear and sear spring/disconnector make this trigger to easy to pull? I love the difference that the target hammer has made, but want my rifle to be the best it can be. Any thoughts. Here is my upgrade. Let me know if you would have done anything different. Part 2 is the upgrading. Thanks smithers!

https://www.youtube.com/user/jstreamnc

JRMONEY

Pahoo

Yes, "But Wait !!!

Will replacing the sear and sear spring/disconnector make this trigger to easy to pull?
Not trying to be pickey so I'll answer yes and then qualify. ... ;)

The basic target hammer that you spent abut $30.00 for, will give you the most noticeable difference in trigger pull. You went from about 6+lbs., to roughly 2.5lbs. However, this just gets you a good start as it still won't address the creep, smooth let-off and over-tavel. You went in deep enough that you could have honed the sear and disconnector. Then you could have spent a little time, honing the bite on the hammer. All of this will improve your trigger job.

Be Safe !!!