Ruger #1 Trigger

fisherman66

Looks like the after market only has two choices, Moyers and Kepplinger. Am I not finding a choice? Has anyone stoned the non-adjustable trigger?

Castaway

I polished mine. Got it down to a crisp 4 lbs. I've considered an aftermarket, but my #1 is a business rifle and can live with what I've got.

fisherman66

4lb is pretty good for a stock non-adjustable Ruger trigger. I'm not sure what you mean by "business rifle". I'll guess you mean hunting. Mine will be too once I have everything together. I'd like to get down to 3lb if possible on the stock trigger or buy a Moyer's. I don't need a set trigger (at ~$200).

44 AMP

Staff
When did the No 1 trigger become non-adjustable?

I have a No 3, and it has adjustments (allen screw) that you can use without taking anything apart. Isn't the No 1 the same?

Paul B.

The earlier Ruger #1s had an adjustable trigger. That includes the #3s as well. I belive it was during the 133 series that the triggers were mad non-adjustable. Frankly, ever the adjustable ones didn't work out all that well.
Paul B.

srtrax

The Ruger #1 Trigger that is in my action has 2 adjusting screws, and to be honest it's a little lighter than what i like, maybe @ 2 1/2 lbs.. I hate it because it is made out of alum.(hate may be a be a bit strong, but give me a break ,how much weight would a steel trigger add) I guess i should be glad its not plastic! *itch,*itch,*itch, I LIKE STEEL, Not cost cutting gun designers!