Ruger #1 Light Sporter in .204 Ruger

fisherman66

Wow, what nerve. If you don't have anything good to say....

Actually the .204 have a very high BC and winddrift is much less of an issue than most all other varmint rounds.

Dang gorgeous rifle. I just wish I could see a real pict instead of the factory one. It's got to hurt when you have to move a #1.

Wleoff

First, I'm a real Ruger fan, but not #1s. My experience with #1s is on the opposite end of the spectrum from .204. I have a #1 in 45-70 and never could get it to shot worth anything. Supposedly, most #1s have a sweet spot under the barrel for support to get it to shoot great. Never could find that point on my 45-70. The impact point moves after a couple of rounds, at least on mine. Beautiful rifles. A friend of mine took one to Africa in .375 H&H and got a water buffalo with it. Now I really like the .204 and have been waiting for Ruger to build one in a LH Model 77. If they don't soon, I'm buying a LH Savage in .204. Having said all that, if someone gave me a .204 #1, I'd surely shoot it. Still got the #1 in 45-70. Just too pretty to sell. Would make a great bear gun at 20 yards.

Kreyzhorse

I've got a Ruger No. 1 in 45-70. Very accurate outstanding rilfe. Chambered in .204 Ruger however, no experience at all with the round. Discontinued for a reason?

HOGGHEAD

Ruger #1

The Ruger #1 is a great rifle. I do not care very much for the 204 cartridge, but I like the rifle. I do however believe that the price is absurd. And then to have the nerve to not even post the real picture. Looks like a ripoff to me. Just my opinion. Tom.