Ruger #1 gunsmith?

Biathlonman

Well all I REALLY would need is a rebarrel and scope mount and possibly a little bit of milling on the locking block.

Anyone know a good gunsmith who works on Ruger #1s?

Gewehr98

Ok, George...

On my recent-model #1S, how do I adjust the trigger, or should I get an aftermarket model instead? It's definitely not a Timney or Canjar, that much is for sure. I understand the earlier adjustable #1 trigger was replaced with one that's not quite so nice. I want to go down to about 4 pounds on mine.:confused:

Biathlonman

I'm not George...

But from what I have read about it, if your trigger has three screws in it it's adjustable, if there are only two you are looking at an aftermarket.

Just a note, if your's does have three I have no idea which one does what...just trying to help you out.

And as a side note I think I am just going to have to buy a Remington 700 Titanium. I still can't believe that a single shot can't be made lighter then a bolt action...for less money!

But then again, what do I know :)!...lol

George Stringer

Staff Alumnus
Gewehr98, the Moyer's will probably suit you just fine. As Biathlonman said, if yours has the screws then it's adjustable.

Biathlonman, you'll almost always be able to buy a new rifle for less money than you can rebuild one. Good barrels, new stocks etc are expensive not to mention getting them installed. George

Don Martin

Biatalonman,

I sent my #1A up to Ruger and they put a new barrel on for $135! This also included getting the rest of the gun reblued and getting the old barrel back.

The new barrel is better than the old one which I wore out.

I don't see how you can beat this unless you want to change the caliber. My gun is worth a lot more too with the factory bbl.