Rugar 22/45 question

rebs

I had a Valquartzen trigger put it this 22 and the trigger adjustment keeps moving so the trigger doesn't reset with out me pushing forward on the trigger. Does it need to be taken apart to put a little blue loctite on the threads or can I back the screw out add the loctite and screw it back in ?

gb6491

"... or can I back the screw out add the loctite and screw it back in ? "
As long as it's not oily, that's pretty much what I do after adjusting the over travel screw on my .22 pistols that have them. Adjust, back out a few turns, apply thread locker, screw back in the same amount of turns, then test. I've not had one move afterwards.
Regards,
Greg

rebs

Thank you for the reply, I am afraid if I took it all apart I wouldn't be able to get it back together right
I'll do it your way

SGW Gunsmith

Here's what I recommend, and it always worked when I did quite a bit of 1911 trigger jobs.

I can't even recall how many Volquartsen or Clark Custom steel triggers I've installed in Ruger Mark pistols over the years, but here's the process that works great for me. First, clean the threads, both internal and external with a good oil displacing solvent, like acetone. I will then slightly pinch the crown of the adjusting screws threads with a small channel lock pliers. Just a little bit to upset the crown and place a very tiny flat on the threads.

Then apply a serviceable thread locker like Loctite 242, to the threads and adjust until you have the position you are pleased with. Let the thread locker set-up over night and then those tiny flat spots will help keep the scrtew from drifing off position.