Rubber overmolded grip for Kahr P9 Suggestions

veprdude

I used to carry a P9 wayyyy back and stopped after an altercation got me rethinking about capacity, accuracy etc. I carry a XDM-45 3.8 now but on occasion could use a slim pistol like the P9.

The P9 was always 100% reliable but I could not shoot it accurately because of the slim grip. I'm looking to revisit this by adding a grip sleeve/overmolded grip. I have medium sized hands and would like to get full purchase on the grip.

Looking at Pachmayr and Hogue. Any suggestions? Pictures help too!

unclenunzie

I've never had good results with sleeves, they seem to want to twist. Talon grips for sure. I like the rubber rather than the granulate type.

I have two CM's. I like the granulated. Really provides a solid grip. Actually, I do not buy the full grip, but will just buy sheets and place were I want them. And can get more life and use the materal for other things as well.
That said, they now make a new product that is a cross from the Granulated and the rubber. Personally I would forget the Over molded Grip sleeve. I like the thin design of the gun just the way it is.

lee n. field

I've never had good results with sleeves, they seem to want to twist. Talon grips for sure. I like the rubber rather than the granulate type.

They have a "Pro" texture now. Sounds like it's intermediate between rubber and granulate.

I may try that one, next time I put one on something.

von die FAQ:

PRO: The PRO texture combines the best characteristics of the granulate and rubber textures. This texture is comfortable enough for most people when carried against the skin in concealed carry applications and provides a strong enough grip for competition use. This texture performs very well in wet and dry applications.