Rubber grips for 686?

Chipperman

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, but the search function is down at the moment.

Anyway, I have a *&* 686 that I like well enough, except for the stock wooden grips. I despise them. :barf:

What are the best brand of rubber grips to fit it? I would like the kind with a groove for each finger, and they must be ambidextrous.

Thanks

Stoic

Hogue Monogrips.

www.getgrip.com

kconv.jpg

bountyh

Grips

My 686 came with the Hogue grips and the finger grooves bugged me because it forces your hand position... and not necessarily to where you want it. I got Pachmahr Decelerator grips and I find them to be perfect. BTW: Cheaper Than Dirt has the best prices on grips.;)

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
I have Hogue Monogrips on both, my 686 and 629. They
work well for me.:D :)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member

MADISON

Rubber grips for 686

I have rubber grips,[Pachmyer and Hogue] for my 686. The Pachmyer grips are thicker and absorb more recoil. The Hogue can be a little trouble to get on and off on a regular basis.

I have the Hogue on the gun NOW. The Pachmyer's grip screw gets in the way of S&W's leaf spring.

LBC

Another vote for the Hogue Monogrip. I just put a Hogue "Bantam" Monogrip on my Model 19 snubnose.
In my experience, I believe the rubber trades a slight CCW grabbiness over wood, though I shoot better with the rubber.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Eeww! Lookit that picture!

There's black stuff on that gun where the wood's supposed to be! ;)