Rubber Buckshot?

PJR

Recently came across some 00 rubber buckshot made by Sellier and Bellot and was wondering if it was a good non-lethal choice for running off troublesome dogs. Where I live we occasionally have aggressive dogs running loose. I am hesitant to shoot lead at a dog that is wearing a collar (signifying that it is owned by someone) unless it is presenting a significant threat.

I fired a couple of rounds at a cardboard box from a distance of 10 yards and the pellets went through. Just how non-lethal is it?

Thanks,

Paul

VictorLouis

I almost bought a box or two when I saw it. Then I thought about it a bit further. I can't imagine anyone other that a LEO being able to use it. The employment of a SG is, in and of itself, lethal force. Now, if someone merits that level of force, then certainly we should choose something more effective. If they DON'T warrant a deadly response, then the baton or OC is the obvious choice. If it had that much oomph left at 10yds., then surely it is capable of taking out an eye. I would not want that on my conscience unless the dog was presenting a real threat to me or mine. Then, I would want to stop it from menacing anyone else to, not just me.

I just do NOT understand why that stuff is on the market. It shouldn't be, in my opinion.

For dogs, depending on the size, I wouldn't want to shoot one at under 15 to 20 yards, and even then you might kill it.

You'd be better off finding out whose dog it is and siccing animal control on them.

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
It doesn't seem a good choice for dogs one has reasons not ti kill or injure severely. Pepperspray or my trusty walking stick will suffice here, and not bear the onus of" You shot my puppy!!"....