Round Body Mausers

Herodotus

I have just been reading Steven Dodd Hughs new book "Custom Rifles". Lots of gorgeous black and white photos and Steven's comments on some lovely custom rifles.
What really blew my mind was Jerry Fisher's Round Body Mauser. He had taken an trditional 09 type/commercial mauser trigger guard, which is flat and rounded it its surface and added a new rounded magazone plate.
What this does is get rid of the flat spot on the Mauser underbelly, letting the rifle gradually taper from the fore tip right through into the pistol grip in one graceful and trim line. I thought it made the rifle look extra graceful and would really be the way to go on a new Mauser rifle project, which I always have on mind.
Of course, everything else was beautifully done without being pretentious on this rifle.
Has anybody seen one of these round bodied Mausers? Does Jerry Fisher sell these or is it just one of a kind at this stage?
Can a regular 09 Artgintine Trigger guard be converted to this style, or does it actually take all new bottom metal??

wildcat

Trere is pleanty of meat on a ninety eight bottom to taper and round it.I do this by welding in a solid floor plate and rough shape on a belt sander,then finish with a draw file and sanding block.You will also have to rebore the countersink for the front screw.you may also loose one round of mag. cap.

DeBee

Brownells might still offer the Talley 1909 Straddle Floorplate for about 50 bucks.

This should give you the "round" effect you desire.

Herodotus

Thanks for the comments.
I was just wondering if any body had heard of such things.
Jerry Fisher's work on this 30/06 Mauser is elegance with out pretension. He must be a true living Master.