Rotary drive 1050

jmorris

I got around to processing some brass with it today. The adjustable speed make processing the brass quick work.

Click the photo to play the video.

g.willikers

Very, very cool.
You have a genuine factory going there.
It's a belt driven eccentric running the whole works.
It's dropping cases in the bin as a demonstration?
Very clever.

Last edited:

jmorris

It's just sizing/depriming and swaging the brass in that video. Processing the brass this way ensures that there are no snags once you have the powder measure, powder check die and bullets in the collator.

It will work the same as this one once it's finished. http://s121.photobucket.com/user/jmorrismetal/media/VIDEO0116.mp4.html

The adjustable speed of the one above allows for faster processing, then slow it back down to load and keep powder from spilling.

LAH

Good stuff. I didn't notice a return spring on the powder bar? The hesitation of the powder bar caught my eye. Without a spring the powder measure failsafe linkage must be doing the job? Again, nice setup.

jmorris

I'm not sure when Dillon quit putting the springs on the powder measures. Likely about the same time they came out with the fail safe linkage. Many years, that's for sure. My last 5 Dillons have not had them.

LAH

Thank you. Guess all my Dillon purchases have been used so my stuff is older. Anyway, love that setup especially the variable speed.