Rossi TriFecta. Hear of it? Good or Bad?

T-Ray

I was flippin through the cabelas catalog and saw a rossi trifecta. It is a single shot rifle/shotgun that comes with 3 stainless barrels: 22lr, 20ga, and .243. I was intrigued by the price tag. $279.99 with the coupon. Does anybody have any experience with this gun? I can't remember rossi's reputation, so could ya'll please refresh my mind?

It's supposedly a new gun and am wondering if it'd be worth it. I think it'd be fun to plink with, but need to find out more about it. BTW, i'll probably be making a trip to cabelas to pick up some other things in the catalog and am wondering if it woudn't be a waste of money to pick one of these up.

jon_in_wv

A friend of mine just bought a trifect for his daughter. I'll ask him how its worked out for him so far.

I have a Rossi 22lr/410 combo for my daughter and its a really neat gun to shoot. I like it a lot .

jpwilly

I haven't heard very goot things. They are at best average. The lockup isn't tight or very robust. Certainly not as accurate as many Bolt actions is centerfire calibers.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
At least average according to a friend of mine... I think they are all youth size so keep that in mind...
Brent

scoutleader

I picked up one of the trifecta from a guy at work who had it for his son and he was upgrading to a bigger gun. I got it for $125 and figured I would be a great Uncle and give it to my brothers boy. I took it out and played with it and think I will have to keep it. If you get one that is marked SB2 like mine you can get extra barrels for less than $100. I picked up a thumbhole stock for it off of Gun Broker for $30.
The 20ga shoots great, the 243 I sent back because it would not group at all. They sent me a new barrel and it is not great but it will keep 5 out of 5 in a 8 inch pie plate at 150 yards. I got the 45-70 barrel and the 500 S&W barrel. So for around $400 I have 5 barrels and a better stock. It is a blast to shoot and the 45-70 it dead on.

Csspecs

Is the SB2 marking only a NEF or H&R thing? I don't think the rossi receivers are marked like that.

Almost bought one of the sets a couple years ago... But at the time Yugo 59/66s had been marked down to $99 so seeing a deal I passed on the rossi.

T-Ray

I think they are all youth size so keep that in mind...

The cabelas catalog i am looking at says
Available in youth model with .22LR/.410 and .223 Rem. barrels or adult model with .22LR/20 ga. and .243 Win. barrels/synthetic blued/includes case and one scope base

The pic given is of a synthetic stock with all silver (not sure if its stainless or nickel) metal, including all 3 bbls.