Rossi rifles

Jack Straw

I'm considering one of the Rossi rifles in 45LC. Anyone got any opinions on the quality of these vs actual Winchesters as far a CAS is concerned? Thanks. JS

I have a new Winchester 94 ('Trails End') in 45. When I bought it I had the opportunity of shooting it alongside the Rossi 45 and (after not too many rounds) would rate them about equal. Some Rossi's mangle shells on ejection but I believe this is a matter of springs and corrected easily.

Bill Mitchell

Staff Alumnus
Howdy,

Rossi's can be good guns. A lot of folks use them and are happy with them. Other folks buy one,have problems with it,and return it. I know of two new shooters in my area that in the last week have had problems with their Rossi's. Only one was a .45,but it locked up tight on the first stage this fella shot. I personally have a .45 Rossi that is a pleasure to shoot,although a shoot a Marlin Cowboy in CAS matches. So,you pay your money and take your chances.

Bellicose Bill

Kid Concho

When I first got into CAS, I bought a .44-40, 20" carbine Rossi and shot it without any problems...got a .45lc, 24" later so I wouldn't have to carry two types of ammo and never had a problem with it either. I have heard folks discuss their problems with Rossis, but I've been lucky.

Jack Straw

Thanks for the input; I tend to stick to the idea that you get what you pay for, so I had my doubts about the Rossi. I do however like the fact that it does not have a crossbolt safety to break up its aesthetic qualities. Perhaps that is a negligible point for general shooting purposes, but hey, I don't like those things. JS