Rossi revolvers

rbuck82

I stumbled across some Rossi revolvers on gunbroker.com.

Don't really know much about them. Can anyone provide some info? Anyone have experience with them? The prices seem to be reasonable.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks, everyone.

charleym3

The one that I bought for my spouse is basically an inexpensive S&W J frame clone. 5 shot .38. I had a little bit of clean up work done 15 years ago. It keeps running fine, though I'm the only one who shoots it any more.

OkieCruffler

I've got a Rossi M88 that was the only pistol I had for several years. I've got over 7500 rds thru it. It now rides around with The Wife, so I don't see it that much. Still shoots as tight as ever.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
My wife chose the 2" barrel, stainless steel, square
butted Rossi .38 Special over several J-frame Smith
& Wesson's!:eek: I called this a dumb move:(; but
so far she has been pleasantly suprised with her
choice.:D As for me, I will stick with my 1979-80
vintage Smith & Wesson model 60, with the "R"
serial prefix.:cool: :)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Eric Larsen

Ive owned and carried 2 of the Rossi snubs. A 677 and 462, both 357's shot very well. Given their lack of expense they are alot of bang for the buck. Rossi guns as of late are basically Taurus guns with a detail or two that are different....Rossi was bought by Taurus a while back.
The triggers on my guns were better than my Ruger SP's OEM trigger and not as nice as a new (or old) S&W. They are very accurate and proved very tough...shooting only full house loads thru them...probably 3-4 thousand for both guns combined, I didnt have one problem with them.
Shoot well

Last edited:

Tropical Z

Agree with Eric,if you buy a new one they are just a "less fancy"Taurus.I have a 972 that i don't shoot much,but still like.

Steve B

You have to be careful with older Interarms Rossi. The ones from the `70's are horribly made! I carry a Rossi M-88 in .38 spl that is really quite nice, almost S&W quality. However, I`ve seen the earlier versions of the same M-88 that were absolute POS`s! If you can, be sure to handle and inspect the gun before you buy. The POS Rossi`s are easy to spot.

The current crop of Taurus/Rossi`s seem to be well made and I wouldn`t hesitate to buy one. I haven`t heard anything bad about them.