Rossi Model 92 .44 Magnum

Tad_T

This is my new Rossi Model 92 in .44 Magnum with 24" octagonal barrel.

2013-11-03T18-16-44.jpg

This was offhand, standing unsupported, at 50 yards.

Last edited:

Boomer58cal

That's cruel... I was thinking the same thing but still cruel :p

Beautiful gun. Such a classic look.

I have a 94 Win Saddle Ring Carbine in .44 I love dearly.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

Boomer

Last edited:

Tad_T

Thanks, y'all.

That was the very first group that I shot from it and I only shot three. I shot a whole box out of it before I quit.

45long

Bought one this year. Love the feel of this gun. Round barrel though. I lovr to shoot my cast 200 grain RNFP with 6 grains of Bulleye in these as fast as I can cycle it..I modified that safety on the bolt. I hate firing pin blocking safetys because they cost you deer. what a gun for the money !!!

Don't waste your time on those cowboy spring kits . I just took 3 coils off the mainspring and 1-1/2 off the ejector spring to keep it from sending brass into the next county. But for just slow target practice and hunting , I wouldn't even mess with that.

hats off to Rossi on this gun.

PetahW

dahermit said:
What happened to the other two? Did they miss the target completely?

Not many deer stick around for more than 1-2 shots, much less 3 or (gasp !) 5 - unless they're DRT. :p

Colt46

Probably one of the best bargains in guns going

Fantastic guns that really give you more than you pay for.
Love mine.

Tad_T

I figured that if the first three hit like that then there was nothing wrong with the rifle and I didn't need to fool with the sights.

I just started shooting it after that until I had shot the whole box. :)

I don't think I am going to do anything to it right now but shoot it and clean it.

I really liked it and I plan on shooting it quite a bit more. ;)

I think that I am going to have to keep my eye open for a .357 just like it.

45_auto

Do the Steve Gunz tune-up on it from the link above and it will make an UNBELIEVABLE difference in how smoothly your Rossi operates.

lcpiper

I have looked at Rossi's but at least in photos they seem to look like they don't have the fit and finish of older Winchesters and Marlins. Am I mistaken in my impressions? I don't have many samples to compare.

Auto5

The Gunz peep sight replaces the safety lever on the bolt. You don't even have to take the gun apart. Punch out the pin on the side of the bolt which holds the safety in place, lift it out (be careful not to lose the tiny ball bearing and spring), drop in the sight base, replace the pin, screw in the sight and lock it in place.

45long

hey IC Piper

I have looked at Rossi's but at least in photos they seem to look like they don't have the fit and finish of older Winchesters and Marlins. Am I mistaken in my impressions? I don't have many samples to compare.

I've held several of them..Those Photos really do make the gun look worse than it actually is . Stocks are excellent fit. I've had mine apart twice . once for tune up on the springs and once because my grandson got sand all through it this deer season..

As far as being as good as a Winchester or Marlin? Well, Almost as good as a Winny , but nothing in leverguns are as good as a Marlin IMO.

Only problem I had was the ejector was gouging the rim of my brass a little so i polished it up a little. Not really a problem for someone who doesn't reload,but i do.

I really want another one in .357

I never polished or stoned any on the parts and the action smoothed out fine after about 500 rounds.But wasn't bad to start with.

BerdanSS

Congrats OP. I just bought the same rifle last Friday. I have 220 rounds out of mine as of today. Already bagged an Indian whitetail with it too :)

Great rifles and cant beat the price. Mine returned basically the same accuracy at 50yards with Fiocchi LNFPs. Pretty consistent little suckers. Hope to tighten mine up with some home cooked loads:cool:

Anyone else have their rear sight latter slip from recoil?

<EDIT> @ GEEZERBIKER they come ready to mount a tang peepsight. (this model anyway) They even come with the appropriate length screw in a little packet in the box. Nothing on top though except for the aforementioned stevesgunz peep that replaces the block safety.

Last edited:

PVL

I did the Steve Gunz tune-up on my .357 Rossi and now it's so slick that I can cycle the action with my little finger.

These are nice guns, a great value and a lot of fun to shoot.

az_imuth

Great shooting, Tad, and that's a fine looking rifle you have. I have the same rifle in 38/357 and am also very pleased with the accuracy. Mine was a little stiff right out of the box, but has smoothed up very nicely with use.
Congrats on your new rifle!

Rossi92woodCustom_zpsb0c3f86d.jpg