Rossi Model 62 SAC

factoryrat

My old Rossie Model 62 SAC, that my father gave to me. Had a case made and the stock cut down, with 2 sections that can be added back, so I could give it to my son. Gave it to him today and took him to the range for the first time.

boxout.jpg

boxopen.jpg

boxin.jpg

boxtilt.jpg

Crankylove

I envy you.

I have a rifle length 62 SA, while my brother has the shorter "Gallery" model like yours (although neither is in quite as good a shape as yours).

Both have been great guns for the 30+ years they have been in the family (if you don't count a little bubba smithing my grandfather did to mine years ago that my brother and I had to repair). Many people feel they are low quality since they only associate Brazil with Taurus made firearms (and their less than stellar reputation), and assume anything made in Brazil to be garbage, but the older Rossi's are some pretty good guns.

While I really like my rifle...........i would trade it in a heartbeat for the shorty that my little brother has.

If you ever need parts for it, many of the internal parts can be replaced with those from a Winchester 62A (some require a little fitting), which is nice since finding "Rossi" parts is kinda difficult sometimes.