Rossi grips?

johnnypi45

Hey folks. Just joined the forum, and need a little information on a Rossi 971. I have one of the Pre-Braz-tech(sp?) 4-in. 971s. The frames on these, in my opinion, fine revolvers looks to be very similar to the S&W medium sized frame. What I'm looking for is a new set of grips to kinda spruce up this firearm. Does any one know if S&W grips, or any for that matter, will fit the Rossi frame? Additionally, anybody know of any good CCW holsters for this pistol? It looks extremely similar to the 4in, 6 cylinder, S&W 686. Thanks all!!!!!!

2afreedom

I have the 461 which is the blued .357 magnum six shot snubbie. So far it has been a good little gun. The bluing is very decent and the lockup and function have been flawless so far. Smith and or Taurus grips will not fit but you can find either Hogues or Pachmayrs (I can't remember which company makes them) that will if you are willing to look. You may have to call the grip maker directly because many accessory sellers do not list the Rossis. If I am not mistaken most holsters that fit a K frame will work with the Rossis as well. FWIW my gun has shown incredible accuracy out to around 15 or 20 yards which is all you can ask from a 2 inch barrel. Buy it for what it is which is an inexpensive reliable revolver not for what it's not which is a showpiece or finely tuned custom gun. Overall I like mine and would recommend them.

johnnypi45

Thanks for the info. I'm not looking to make it a showstopper, but I do like to work with what I've got. I don't ever plan on selling the gun, and would just like to spruce it up a bit. Plus, after about 300 rounds of fairly hot 357 rounds through it, the rubber grips took about a half inch of skin off my dominant palm. ouch. So, anything a little less grippy, if you will, would be appreciated on those long days at the range. Though, I have taken to using much lighter loads regularly, it was nice to see that my firearm held up to some hot loads...even though I didn't :-(.

johnnypi45

Just as a heads up for anyone else who is in the same situation as I, and looking for aftermarket grips for the Rossi 971 or similar framed Rossi, Nill-griffe has some amazing looking walnut grips. Looks like I need to save my nickels and dimes. Anybody found any others or had any experience with Nill-griffe?

Last edited: