Rossi 720 .44 spc.

subhuman

ran across one of these little canons at my local evil pawn shop awhile ago, has a smooth DA trigger and the SA breaks like glass. I'm thinking about going back to get it. I can have it for $325 out the door and I think I have a holster that will fit it. Have any of you guys shot one of these things?

I called him back on it and he said I can shoot it since it's used, going to try it out monday evening

Ozzieman

damienph

Rossi is not one of my favorite brands but I do like the .44 special and for $325, I would risk it. It is a good looking revolver.

Colt46

Those things are highly sought after

Very good quality coming from Rossi when that model was produced. It's one of those guns on my list to get. Snap it up. They are great shooters.

IKE

Buy it.

I've had the exact same model for many years and it's one of my guns that, "ain't going nowhere".

I had a gunsmith buddy of mine look mine over inside and out after I first bought it and he said that it was made extremely well and out of excellent metal.......he tried to talk me out of it for several years prior to his death but I always declined.

I've fired many, many handloads through mine and it is still tight as a drum.

Mine mainly resides by the bed now loaded with factory Hornady 180 gr. XTP's.

Saint Dennis

Mine is similar, but with scalloped cylinder. I really like it. It is my go to kicking around in the woods gun. Many miles and much brush sap on it. Shoots well too.

JERRYS.

if youre in the market for a .44spl you'd be a fool to past up the Rossi 720 @ $325 OTD.

big compared to this....

but close in size to this...

Last edited:

Limey46

Just another BUY IT!! vote from me. I had one many years ago and still wish I hadn't sold it. I'm buying the next one I see. The Rossis shoot and handle quite a bit better than the Taurus .44s of their day.

cmdc

Yes, buy it. I have the fixed sight DAO version that I bought used several years ago. Good solid gun. I would love to find one like you're looking at.

madmo44mag

I've got one and love it.
It has been trouble free and functions flawlessly.
I have carried it from time to time and for it's size not bad for CCW.

subhuman

well after some more dickering and discussion I got him down to $275 + tax so i'm looking at $299.75 for it. I put my name on it and put it on layaway for a few weeks until I can pay it off so it will soon be home with me :D

subhuman

rough money week so small payment this week, she will spend a few more weeks in purgatory but I handled her some this morning and took some actual pictures of her instead of one from the net

and with the Shield

smee78

Congrats on a (I cant believe I'm saying this) great Rossi purchase. That was a good price, I have the same gun but my cylinder is fluted and it is a shooter for sure, I really enjoy it, about the size of a Smith K frame. I would love to find a nice set of wood grips for mine.

ATPBULLETS

had one just like it...and like a ^&%%$.....sold it years ago..you will enjoy it...it may convince to reload if you do not already

tulsamal

I have both variations. I bought the adjustable sighted one when they were in production. Walked into the old SW Shooters in OKC and they literally had a stack of them on the counter. All these plastic boxes... and a sign that said $206. They even let me open each box and hand pick the best one. I miss that store!

Anyway, I bought the fixed sight DAO one several years later and for more money. But I still prefer the adjustable sight one. I use it as my killing gun around the property. If a larger animal needs to be quickly put down, I go get the Rossi. One shot to the head and it is over. I carried a S&W M296 in .44 Special for close to ten years. If you are going to carry the Rossi, I would recommend the CorBon load that has the 200 grain Barnes style bullet in it. Very long tubular bullet with a huge hollow point.

For general ranch work, I actually use the Blazer version with GD bullet. Has worked well for me.

Gregg