Rossi 462 problems

Dogjaw

Bought a new Rossi 462 .357 mag. (stainless with 2" barrel) and put less than 50 rounds of 125 gr. Golden Sabers and Federal Hydroshocks (.357 & .38+P) through it when I started having problems. The revolver locks up now and then. The trigger will not pull and the hammer can not be cocked. A slight turning of the cylinder by hand frees it up. I also noticed the firing pin stikes the primer way off to the side now and then. Took it back to the dealer. His best bet is the steel in the extractor is bad, not allowing the cylinder to advance properly. Sent it back to Rossi for repair. Guess I'll find out how good their life time guarantee is. Any one else have this type of problem?:confused:

Eric Larsen

I havent heard of any problems with newer Rossi's like yours. I carry a 677 357 and love it...its on my hip as I type. Rossi and Taurus, I believe, are the same company now....so they may be doing your warranty work..
Sorry to hear of your trouble and hope you get it resolved...
Shoot well

Dogjaw

Got my Rossi back from the shop today. I dropped it off at the dealer on 1/22, and got it back on 3/2. Could have been worse I guess. I took it out back and put 50 rounds of 357 target loads and 15 rounds of full power 357 mag. through it with no problems. Gotta do some reloading and put it to the test this week. My Rossi is distributed by BrazTech, and carries a lifetime repair policy and transfers with the gun if sold.