Rossi 462 abbreviated range report

Rodger_p

O.K., here goes.
I came across the above mentioned revolver (used) at a local shop. After reading up on all the threads I figured for $219.00 it was worth a roll of the dice.
What I ended up with was a Rossi/Taurus .357 that has a fit and finish that I just can't believe. I'm still looking for tooling marks etc., haven't found them. (even cleaned it internally-looks good in there) The trigger is as sweet as some Model 10's I have owned ( I know I still can't believe it)
After reading up on some of the problems others faced. I put the gun through the function checks listed on a previous thread.
Everything checked out great. I even ran the serial #. It was manufactured in June of 2004.
I haven't fired it too much but at ten yards it shoots dead on to point of aim. I fired it single action, double action, slow and rapid fire. No binding, no parts falling off, no problems at all. I haven't fired full power magnums yet but I will soon.
I think it had less than 50 rounds through it when I got it.

Oh, it fits my hand perfectly.
I'm a happy man. :)

Rodger

Rojoe67

sounds good

If you think of it let us know after a mixed diet and say 500-600 rounds. I am half way considering one to add to my collection.

thanks... Rojoe :D

AdamGrier_atc

I bought a Rossi 357 mag a year ago, and love it. It has a great feel and balance, and is very accurate to boot! I highly recomend it. It shoots 38 spl, 38spl +p, and 357's equally well.

likearroyo

Rossi 462 SS .357 Magnum Great weapon

I recently purchased a Rossi 462 .357 magnum from Academy Sport and Outdoors. 200 rds through it so far PMC 125 grain .357, Winchester 125 38spl +p
and Winchester 110grain .357, The PMC tends to send back alot of unburnt powder back in you face. It is not a timing problem does it only with PMC. Recoil with all rounds fired was not bad at all, PMC was the stoutest. In my opinion its an awesome Handgun. No problems thus Far.

michael t

Replace the grips with pacs. Mine broke in less than 50 rounds their plastic under that rubber. Also makes shooting full house 357 much nicer. You right this pistol is much nicer than people think. Fit,finish,trigger all very nice. Only complaint was the grip problem. I got mine because its a lot of gun for money and is the proper color for a pistol,blue not some off the wall gray. Had a Rossi 5 shot 38 years ago that would out shoot my S&W 36.